In light of Bi Visibility Day, which was apparently yesterday, I thought I’d play a ‘what if’ game.
- What if we could look at each other as humans rather than sexual (or perceived) acts?
- What if we just leave each other alone and just let it be?
- What if we just admitted when we don’t understand what it’s like to be gay/ bi/ asexual, etc and move on?
- What if ALL incidents of sexual harassment were taken seriously?
- What if people took our identities seriously?
- What if everyone minded they’re own business when necessary?
- What if all LGBT+ youth could feel safe from being bullied or harassed?
Frankly, I’m constantly gobsmacked at the amount of discrimination that people still face. Even if you disagree with someone, you can show a tad bit of courtesy. If you don’t understand, just admit it. We still have a LONG way to go in terms of fair treatment, particularly of LGBT+ people.