Now, I’ve decided not to rehash the whole what seems to be compulsory sexuality that everyone’s supposed to have. I want to flip it. I want to put forwards what I think people should feel:
- Safe, both physical and emotional
- Love and be able to be loved.
- To have personal boundaries respected, regardless of the relationship type
- To be able to express feelings, opinons and desires without fear of disclosing such information backfiring on the individual
- To be able to enjoy your own hobbies
- To enjoy your own space
- To enjoy your own company
- To feel good about yourself
- To have know that you matter and that you have a right to be here.
I think a cover of a song written back in the 1700’s (I think) explains it perfectly. It’s such a beautiful song. It’s called Desiderata. Below is the video. Enjoy.